Wednesday, February 6, 2013

a big move...

You may have noticed, I've been missing-in-action in the cyber world lately.
I've had a lot going on and I'm writing up a quick post to catch you up!

First, in January I did my first out-of-state show!! It was a blast and a LOT of work! After heading out to Indy on Friday evening we were fortunate enough to stay with friends. Set-up started at 7am and we were certainly carrying LARGE coffees to get us moving!
It was a flurry getting set-up. And of course I always feel like I don't have enough and second guess my layout about a dozen times. Thankfully, my (better) half is very patient with me! ;)

Here are some pics of my space at the show..
Those vintage lockers drew a LOT of attention! They were in amazing shape with the original brass handles, complete with bins on the inside of the door and all the original hooks!



The sofa was quite popular as well! It has been almost as popular since the show as well! Thanks to Sarah the Thrifty Decor Chick for featuring my sofa in her recent blog post!!

I will be returning to the Indy Arts and Vintage Marketplace show on March 9th

So onto the "big move"...

Right after returning from Indy I was scheduled to move! I left a small ranch home built in the early 1970's (yuk - yes, I can say yuk, it was my zero personality house for 12 years!) to a big six bedroom farmhouse built in the mid 1800's!! YAY!! The farmhouse is exactly that - a working farmhouse. There is nothing very ornate or decorative about it and it does lack the big wrap around porches houses of that era typically have.. But, the kitchen and living room are HUGE, and I love the six inch plaster walls. The best part? All the original hard wood floors!! They are beautiful - sadly neglected - but beautiful! We will be doing a lot of projects around here and I'll be posting about the work we're doing. To start off, here is the living room...


It is a very spacious room with lots of windows. The previous people had painted over the wall paper! I can't begin to imagine WHAT they were thinking - but the damage is done and we've began to peel back the layers. Underneath I see glimpses of what I think is the original paper. An light olive green shade with a soft white demask print. The blue room is going to be my workshop - you can't even imagine how excited I am about having that room!! We are very much in the beginning stages, but it is exciting to think of all the potential this house has!!



2 comments:

Post a Comment