Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Mirror Makeover with Copper Sheeting Flowers!

I am joining in on some fun blog parties with my mirror makeover!
I picked up this mirror at GW for $4.00 (Marked $5 with a 20% off coupon). It is solid wood and very heavy. And I should mention it was filthy!
I cleaned it up, sanded and primed the wood. A good coat of a creamy white brought this old mirror back to life!
I wanted to dress it up a bit and after looking through my supplies I uncovered some copper sheeting I picked up years ago. I really gravitate to metal objects...
I couldn't get a good pic of the piece I had... Something about photographing something SO shiny just wasn't working out!
stock photo courtesy of Gutter Supply Co.

I had cut out circles and then cut those into the swirl pattern. I coiled them up to form flowers. I would suggest you wear gloves to do this as the edges of the metal are pretty sharp.
  The copper sheeting make the coolest flowers because one side is copper and the other is aluminum! I made a variety of flowers using both sides as the "inside" of the flower.

I simply hot glued the metal flowers to the frame...
I love how it turned out! It is going to be hard to part with this one!


*As a little side note I wanted to extend a HUGE thank you to my followers and all the incredibly sweet comments you have left me! I am SO new at this and your encouragement has meant more to me than you'll ever know!

HookingupwithHoH

Visit thecsiproject.com

6 comments:

Post a Comment