Thursday, May 20, 2010

White, White and more White...

I love to paint things white. I makes a piece seem so fresh and clean!  Here are some furniture pieces I've made over. I did them before I was really into the blog thing so of course it never occurred to me to take a before photo. Some of the pieces were in rough shape so I am kicking myself (really I am - you should see my leg flying through the air!) for not thinking of snapping a quick before photo.

Here is a chippy white wooden ladder and a small blue chair. I made the feed sack pillow and vintage doily bolster pillow.


I just love this old desk. I lined the drawers in old sheet music.

I decoupaged old school papers from 1908 to the top of this coffee table.


 A dainty dish filled with white buttons, an old whiskey bottle and some flowers made from vintage pattern paper.
(Ignore the guy with his hands in his pockets - that's just my brother :))



These two pieces are my favorite! I am most proud of the buffet.
Miss Mustard Seed is my IDOL! She inspired me with this one. I painted it out in a white paint and highlighted the decorative trims in a pale gray. I hand painted some scrolly elements and added clear (glass-looking) hardware.
The three tiered table was also inspired by Miss Mustard Seed.
I decoupaged vintage sheet music to each tier. Of course I sanded and distressed it out to give it an old lovingly worn look.
I just wish I had taken better photos!

Hope you loved my whites as much as I do!
Ta Ta for now...

5 comments:

Post a Comment