Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Handmade jewelry/fabric flower tutorial...

I love making jewelery pieces out of vintage jewelry bits I find. Especially vintage brooches. I love to make tiny fabric flowers and use beautiful ribbons. I am posting a little tutorial for one of my favorite pieces...
I've gathered some shear silver organza fabric, satin ribbon, satin cording and a pretty little vintage brooch that I have cut off the pin from the back.

I cut the organza into small circles. They don't have to be perfect circles and actually look better if they are not...

I like to singe the edges of the circles. It gives a nice effect on the edge plus it causes the fabric to curl up in an almost cup shape...


I stacked the circles up to form a flower and added a couple pieces of satin ribbon that I also "burned" the edges of...
I stitched the center of the flower using clear thread.

I used a few more circles to create smaller flowers and glued some rhinestones in the center. I used the E-9000 glue to attach the brooch to the fabric flower.


I have made several different pieces but have not been brave enough to try to sell any of them! Besides, I just love each one of them - so I'm not so sure I can part with them just yet ;)

4 comments:

Post a Comment